Are you sure to delete this item?

中文 | EN

icon Change

Order before 10am, delivery before 6pm (SH customer only) 100% authentic guaranteed Controlled temperature Loyalty program

Casillero Del Diablo Reserva Chardonnay  - 2014750ml add to my favourites Share

Origin: Chile Region:Aconcagua
Rating:
Price:¥59.00
Vintage:
Quantity:

reduce add

Buy

Casillero Del Diablo Reserva Chardonnay 2014 is elegant,expressive and long lasting. It develops aromas of vanilla and pineapple,coupled with citrus.This wine will match perfectly with Poultry,Seafood or Salad.

  • Color:White - delicate green-gold 
  • Region:Aconcagua -Casablanca Valley
  • Country: Chile 
  • Vintage:2014 
  • Grade:Varietal 
  • Content:750ml 
  • Grape Varieties: 100% Chardonnay 
  • Tasting Note: vanilla, pineapple, citrus 
  • Alcohol:13.5 %
  • Recommendation:chill before serving 
  • Serving Temperature:9-10°C 
  • Retaining Level:ready to serve 

Rewards

Food Matching

chicken & poussin crab lobster scallops pasta salad hard cheese

Comments
Number of comments: 0

General information

Aconcagua

Casillero Del Diablo Reserva Chardonnay is a wine from Aconcagua,region of Chile ,Aconcagua is one of the five principal wine regions of Chile. It includes all wine-growing areas in Valparaíso Region. The Aconcagua wine region is composed of three minor wine districts; Casablanca Valley, Aconcagua Valley and Leyda Valley. Aconcagua is a wine producing region located 65 km (40 mi) north of Santiago in the east of the Valparaíso Region. The small, 1098 hectare winegrowing area is well known for its red wines, which have earned international acclaim. The main grapes varieties are : Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Carmenere, and Sauvignon Blanc for the white one.

Casablanca Valley

Casillero Del Diablo Reserva Chardonnay is located in Aconcagua's sub-region of Casablanca Valley ,The Casablanca Valley is located 75 km northwest of the capital city Santiago, the Casablanca Valley was first planted to vine in the mid-1980s and quickly become known for its white wines (mainly Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay) and also for the pinot noir wines. The proximity of the Andes and the Pacific ocean made a typical Mediterranean cool climates which is ideal for top quality vine growing.

Grape

  • Chardonnay(100%)  
    The world’s most famous white-wine grape and also one of the most widely planted. Although the most highly regarded expressions of the variety are those from Burgundy and California, many high-quality examples are produced in Italy, Australia, New Zealand and parts of South America. Describing the flavors of Chardonnay is no easy task. Many Chardonnay wines have high aromatic complexity, but this is usually due to winemaking technics (particularly the use of oak) rather than the variety's intrinsic qualities. Malolactic fermentation gives distinctive buttery aromas. Fermentation and/or maturation in oak barrels contributes to notes of vanilla, smoke and hints of sweet spices such as clove and cinnamon Extended lees contact while in barrel imparts biscuity flavors. Because of this high level of winemaker's involvement, Chardonnay has become known as the "winemaker's wine".

Owner

In the closing years of the 19th century Don Melchor de Concha y Toro discovered that his most treasured wines had been pilfered from the casillero (cellar) beneath his family home. To discourage further theft, the enterprising Don spread a rumor that his deepest, darkest cellars were haunted by the devil. Today, the original Concha y Toro family estate, complete with its Devil's Cellar, is Chile's leading tourist destination!

Vineyard

This wine is 30% fermented in French oak and aged eight months on the lees. The remaining 70% is aged 8 months in stainless steel. 10% undergoes malolactic fermentation.

GoTop
网页对话